I am 21 weeks pregnant, which means I am more than halfway there! A few updates on me and baby:
- baby is about 7 inches long (length of a banana)
- baby weighs between 10 and 11 ounces (not quite a pound)
- I have had numerous women tell me that I am "pretty big" or "huge" or something of that nature for only being 21 weeks. How lovely. However, when our midwife measured me at 19 weeks, she said the size of my belly was 19 centimeters (exactly on mark!) So take that everyone who thinks I'm "probably having twins."
- the baby begins to start swallowing amniotic fluid around week 21, so it becomes increasingly important to eat the right foods. If I eat a salad, the baby eats salad. If I eat an entire box of sour watermelon candies, well... you get the picture.
- the baby's heartbeat is getting stronger and we should be able to hear it soon using just a stethoscope
- the pretty green shirt in this picture was a surprise gift that my mom and sister mailed to me from St. Louis. I've already received lots of compliments. Thanks mom and Colleen!