Thursday, September 2, 2010

Baby Update

Family and friends... I know that many of you are just about as anxious and excited to meet this little baby as Austin and I are. The outpouring of phone calls, text messages and emails over these last few weeks has been overwhelming. Thank you for all of your prayers as we wait for our delivery date.

Our official due date was eleven days ago, so this morning I had a "biophysical profile" done. This is basic procedure when a woman goes a week and half past her due date. It means that they perform a sonogram and check to make sure the baby is still healthy. The sonographer checks things like levels of amniotic fluid, the placenta, the umbilical cord, and the baby's breathing patterns and heartbeat. If any of these things appear unhealthy, they recommend inducing the baby. However, thanks be to God, our little baby Hines got a perfect score! The woman who performed the sonogram said that everything looks great, so for now I am going to remain pregnant.

This is the third sonogram we've received throughout the pregnancy, and every time she has told us that she predicts September 2nd (today), as a more accurate due date than August 22nd. So for now, our midwife is pretty much using today as our new unofficial due date. Which yes, means that I could stay pregnant for up to two weeks past today. I hope that's not the case, but I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for that possibility.

Thanks again for all your support! Who knows... maybe our baby is just really clever and is waiting for Labor Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment