Woo hoo! A friend of mine gave me an "award." I use the quotes because it's one of those things that bloggers pass around as a way to sort of pat ourselves on the back. But it's still fun!
I got the "Stylish Blogger" award from my friend Lindsay. Thank you Lindsay! You can read about her sweet family here. Her daughter's name is Harper Story... one of the greatest girl names I've ever heard.
Now that I've received this award, here are the rules:
1. thank and link back to the person who awarded you
2. share 7 things about yourself
3. pass award on to bloggers you think are fantastic
4. contact those bloggers and tell them about the award
So... seven things about myself? Hmmm....
1. I love cheese. Like, a lot. However, I am eating very little dairy because it upsets Denver's stomach. I must love him a lot.
2. My husband and I met in Guatemala. That's right. We were both living in Ft. Worth and going to the same church. We both went to TCU. But God had to bring us all the way to Guatemala to meet and fall in love. Here we are dancing in Antigua, Guatemala. I already had a pretty big crush. :)
3. I am working on being "healthier" in my food choices. In college, I lived on Kraft mac & cheese. Now, I try to actually eat vegetables. My current favorite? Roasted brussel sprouts. Seriously.
4. Have you ever heard of people saying that pregnancy changes their taste in food? Example: my mom used to love shrimp. After being pregnant, she couldn't stand the sight of it. Well, ever since being pregnant with Denver, I have begun to love breakfast sausage. I see these commercials for IHOP and Denny's, and my mouth just waters. The thought of this food used to GROSS ME OUT. But not anymore! Pregnancy is weird.
5. I start each day by making a cup of coffee (usually Dunkin' Donuts), with a little sugar, and a little goat milk. Yes, I use goat milk instead of creamer. It is easier to digest, and easier on Denver's tummy.
6. I love our church, Hope Works. I am always encouraged and challenged by my friends at church. Austin and I have been members for over two years now, and it has made a radical difference in our lives. If you are not a member at a church, I encourage you to not just church "shop" or attend different churches every weekend, but to really plant your roots somewhere. You will be so glad you did. I promise.
7. I have the greatest family in the world. Really.
Now it's my turn to pass this award on. Here are a few blogs that I consider to be particularly stylish...
1. Erin at Prairie Fairytales
2. Jen at The Arizona Russums
3. Grace at sincerely, grace
4. Jess at my beatles babies
5. Megan at Baby Baird
6. Kirbie at Kirbie Goes to Hollywood
7. Katelin at Katelin Leaves New York City