I am officially into the 3rd trimester of the pregnancy! That means that the baby is due in just three months. One of the most common questions that we are asked now is if the nursery is ready. The answer is… we haven’t even started! I have two more weeks of work, and the plan is to get to work on nursery things this summer. However, we did buy a crib. It is still sitting in its box in the garage though. As we begin to progress on the nursery, I’ll post pics. Promise.
At 27 weeks pregnant, these are some updates on baby Hines...
- Weighs a little more than 2 lbs.
- Total length (from head to toe) is about 15 ¼ inches
- Eyelids have been fused shut since week 12 of pregnancy, but they start to open this week. The retina is starting to receive light, so the baby is using his/her eyesight for the first time
- I am finally feeling the baby move A LOT.
- The baby has more taste buds now than he or she will have at birth (or ever)
This is a current picture of me. And yes, I'm sure I'm not having twins.