I feel very fortunate to have so many people in our lives letting us know that they will be praying for us as the due date draws near (two days away! eek!) However I know that sometimes I tell people that they'll be in my prayers, but I'm not entirely sure how to pray for that person. What specifically do they want prayers for? What would be the biggest blessing for them? So if you are a praying person, and feel moved to pray for us, allow me to offer a few suggestions...
Our prayer requests:
1. a safe and healthy delivery for Caitlin and baby
2. wisdom for our midwife and her team throughout the labor and delivery process
3. no complications during the birth
4. quick recovery for Caitlin after the birth
5. that this baby's birth story would be a testimony to God's sovereignty and faithfulness
So why do we take these prayers so seriously? Why blog about this? Well, James 5:16 states that "the prayer of a righteous man are powerful and effective." This means that when Christians come before God in prayer that the prayers truly move the heart of God. There are so many people who want to do so much to help us as we transition into parenthood. In reality, the most powerful and effective thing that we can ask is that you pray.
Thanks in advance for your prayers. We will keep everyone posted on any updates!