So a few months ago I introduced you all to the idea that my son would be wearing a necklace. He has worn his baltic amber teething necklace that we bought from Hip Green Baby on-and-off for a couple months now. I say "on-and-off" in order to be fair...I haven't been faithful about having him wear it all day every day, so that probably had an effect on his teething experience.
I told you that I would keep you updated on the progress with the necklace, and on our opinions on its effectiveness. I've actually had a number of people ask me how it has gone. So here are my thoughts:
- Denver currently has two teeth (the bottom middle ones)
- The week that those two teeth broke through the gums he was very moody. He constantly chewed on things and cried a lot. Some people have experienced almost no teething symptoms while thier child wears the necklace. This was not the case for Denver. However...
- He hasn't had any sleepless or restless nights during teething! Hooray!
- All in all, I think it is working. It is a difficult experiment to do correctly. Maybe Denver would've reacted the exact same without it. Who knows. But I choose to be a believer.
- Would I recommend you buy one for your baby? Yes. I think it was a good investment. They are pretty inexpensive (we spent $22 for ours), and there is no risk involved. It is an all-natural way to help soothe teething pain, unlike some other remedies that have proven to be much more risky.
Here are the best pictures I've seen of Denver "Chompers" Hines with his new teeth: